The idea of establishing the Horus University was first decided by a group of the most distinguished university professors in the medical field. The dream came true when the presidential decree no. 199 was issued in 2013 to witness the launching of Horus university.
Thirty acres were immediately selected to establish Horus campus.
The university includes 6 Faculties: Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Nursing, Engineering, and Business Administration. The first construction phase has already started in the buildings of Nursing, Engineering, and Business Administration Faculties. The Academic year 2016-2017 witnessed the launching of study in the Faculties of Dentistry, and Pharmacy, later in the Faculty of Physical Therapy.
Excellence and leadership in education, services and scientific research locally, regionally and internationally.
Code of Conduct
Quality and Distinction:
HUE is committed to quality criteria issued by the national authority for quality assurance and accreditation.
Leadership and Teamwork Spirit:
HUE is committed to respect the role of individual and institutional leadership, which pushes the wheel of development, along with the importance of teamwork spirit.
Equality and integrity:
HUE members are committed to the highest degree of honest, respect and profession’s ethics.
Transparency and accountability:
All members of the university community are committed to respecting their values in all scientific and academic activities.
The University is committed to supporting continuous learning within and outside the university community.
- Improving the competitive profile of the university through raising the institutional capacity.
- Supporting and reinforcement the educational system and achieving excellence in teaching and learning for Horus University students.
- Developing the capacity and skills of the staff and improving the provided services.
- Supporting and reinforcement the university partnerships with the civil society and global institutions.
- Developing students’ skills of creative thinking, scientific research and entrepreneurship.